GeoPark is committed to being the preferred neighbor and partner by creating a mutually beneficial exchange with the local communities where we work. Unlocking local knowledge creates and supports long-term sustainable value in our projects. If our efforts enhance local goals and customs, we will be invited to do more.
|Interruptions to operations of business units because of social incidents||Participation meetings with neighbors in our operating areas||Neighbors in our operating areas participated in meetings|
|$ 3.9 MM||92 %||32,984|
|invested in sustainable development||Effectiveness in addressing and resolving complaints presented by our stakeholders in the Cuéntame program, Colombia||Beneficiaries of GeoPark-supported social programs|
|Invested in the Timothy O’Shaughnessy University Scholarship Program for Women in Science and Engineering||Employment opportunities created in the value chain in Colombia, 92% covered by local and regional workers|
- Continue with the strengthening and implementation of the Environment Management Model at corporate level.
- Guarantee that on our entry into new countries and regions an early management process is carried out in accordance with our principles and our Being a Good Neighbor value promise.
- Guarantee due diligence processes in human rights, whose purpose is to ensure socio-environmental management.
- Strengthen and maintain our social license with a differential approach that favors cultural diversity, inclusion and equity, and respectfully integrates indigenous peoples’ knowledge, expectations and wisdom.
- Establish the Management and Contribution Plan for Closing Gaps for sustainable development (Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs).